Let's get seasonal: All hail the pumpkin!

Lately I seem to be surrounded by people lamenting the end of summer, but I say arrivederci, old chum! Bring on autumn and the fruit of its seasonal loins.

Pumpkintastic reasons to embrace the fall:

Pumpkin gelato from Gelato Fresco. The temperature may feel too cool for ice cream, but crank your heat and grab a spoon. Don't try to be all sanctimonious and make the tub last. It'll never work. Check your local over-priced gourmet food store. I've seen it at Pete's.

Propeller Pumpkin Ale. I love how Haligonians support their micro breweries! And with good reason. Ever since I had my first sip on Friday night, I've been obsessed. I can't stop talking about it, thinking about it and wanting to drink more of it. If it were socially acceptable to park a big growler on my desk at work and sip from it all day long I would. Folks tell me they only make so much, so get while the going's good.

Pumpkin seeds. Tasty morsels! After you've finished your jack-o-lantern masterpiece, take the time to sort through the innards and roast the seeds. Salty, seasonal goodness.

Pumpkin martinis! Morris East has introduced an October happy hour nightly from 5-6 p.m. with one pumpkin martini. Maple pumpkin purée, two oz of rye and a dash of cream. What's not to like? Sign me up.

Summer, I bid you adieu.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Babs, you always have an amazing way with your words!! Pumpkintastic, indeed!!

xoxo