Semi Solid Kind of Life

"Limit yourself to a semi-solid diet and avoid spicy and very hot food for one week."

That is one instruction of many on my post-periodontal surgery instruction sheet. Going into this thing I wondered what could possibly be worse than having someone slice bits of skin off the roof of your mouth and re-attach them to your gums.

Well, now I know.

Eating semi-solid food for seven days.

And don't let the word semi-solid fool you. It means pureed. You try eating anything semi-solid with a form-fitting rubber mouth guard. It's not pretty.

I'm hungry!! All I've had in the past few days are smoothies, soup, mashed potatoes and a DQ sundae. Well, I jumped the gun this morning by trying soggy french toast. Delicious, but I'm glad no one was around to witness this caveman-esque act.

I'm cranky and I just want to bite into something and chew it. My co-worker had a hamburger in the lunchroom on Thursday and I had to restrain myself from just licking it.

Did I mention I broke one of the rules and got some spicy Thai coconut soup? Yup, pretty sure it stained my mouth guard nicotine yellow.

That's hot.

4 more days. Celebratory dinner on Wednesday night.


Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

matt said...

Love the new look!

Wednesday will be blissful. What will you make or where will you go?

amateur_foodie said...

I want a greasy burger and fries from the Westcliff Diner.

StraightFromTheCurls said...

Hang in there, Randinov!! I'm thinking of you. I can't wait for you to have a solid meal! :o) Although The Broccoli butter puree thing you made sounds delicious!!

xo

StraightFromTheCurls said...

P.s. I realize Wednesday just passed. How was it??

Unknown said...

I still see your burger. I'm on a regular windows computer!